Baby Proofing Directory
> Travel Safety
> Staying in a hotel >
If you are planning an overnight trip, there are a few things
that you need to be cautious of. Since there is no way to baby
proof the entire world, you need to be especially cautious when
staying in a hotel. Play yards are a life saver, and can provide
a quick, clean place for naps and sleeping.
1. Baby proof as much as you can. As soon as you get to the hotel
do a quick scan of the territory. Bring along a handful of plug
covers to plug up any potential problems.
2. Always use the deadbolt lock on the door. Little hands can
get the hotel door open and be gone before you know it, so always
use the deadbolt.
3. Bring along a nightlight. This will help your child feel
safe and secure when they wake up in the middle of the night.
4. Find out where the nearest escape route is.
5. Be cautious and use your common sense.